This post is the second in a four-part series on the chakras – what they are, what each chakra relates to, how to balance your chakras and how they impact your overall health. By understanding your chakras and energy, you can begin to see the interaction of the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual bodies and how they affect your overall wellness.
- Chakras 101 – What Are Chakras?
- Chakras 101 – What Each Chakra Relates To
- Chakras 101 – How to Balance Your Chakras
- Chakras 101 – How the Chakras Affect Your Physical Health
In our last Chakras 101 post, we explored the chakras and were introduced to the seven main chakras.
While there is a depth of knowledge and information to each of the main chakras, let’s briefly explore what each of these seven chakras relates to:
- Crown Chakra: It is the centre for psychic knowing and receiving collective, divine knowledge as well as the gateway to Universal laws and energy.
- Third Eye Chakra: This is the centre of clairvoyance, psychic sight into the past, present and future as well as seeing clearly in your inner and outer worlds.
- Throat Chakra: This is the centre for communication and self-expression, how you take your inner truth and true nature and put it forth into the world.
- Heart Chakra: This chakra is the centre for relationships, giving and receiving love and its connections to forgiveness.
- Solar Plexus Chakra: This centre relates to your inner strength, inner power and confidence, self-esteem and self-worth.
- Sacral Chakra: This chakra processes your relationship to others and relates to outer power – things like money, sex, control as well as addictions and obsessions which may have control over you – drugs, food etc.
- Base Chakra: This chakra is very primal in its energy, focusing on basic survival needs and security in its basic forms, such as physical, family, financial, etc.
The clarity of your chakras is influenced by your thoughts, beliefs, and attitudes as they pertain to these main areas. Through our Chakra Balancing meditation, you will become familiar with your chakras and the current state of play for each.
Where you have negative or limiting beliefs, the chakra will be blocked or small. Where you are open and positive, the chakra is larger and clearer.
Clearing and balancing your chakras is one way to keep your spiritual or energetic body healthy. However, it is equally important to address your emotional, mental and physical bodies too. Each will impact your chakras and vice versa.
Next up in our series is how to balance your chakras.
Why not try our Chakra Balance Meditation to help clear your chakras?